Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A new Series!

In case you aren't informed, I will help you. Netflix is going to be turning Lemony Snicket's "A Series of Unfortunate Events" into a show.

Take a deep breath. This is real.

Just yesterday, a video was posted on YouTube by user Eleanora Poe claiming to be the teaser trailer for the upcoming series. Watch it below and feel your nerves fire up in anticipation.


FYI, the song is Dresdon Dolls' "Missed Me."

This is obviously a well made and expensive trailer. But get this - Netflix denies any involvement with it. Apparently, this trailer is fan made.

I believe that about as much as I believe my body is made from Play-Doh.

If you know anything about the book series, it's that Daniel Handler (aka Lemony Snicket) is a sneaky man who likes to make his characters real as possible. Daniel didn't write the books, Lemony did. So what I believe is that Netflix is denying this trailer in a rather brilliant marketing stunt. And damn if it isn't working. I've seen this trailer more than fifteen times by now.

Your move, Netflix.

No comments:

Post a Comment