Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Landmines and Dates

     So on my school's campus today, there are multiple old men in suits handing out little New Testaments. They're pretty adamant about handing them out, stopping any person who walks by and making sure they have one. I have been stopped three times now and it's not even noon. I discarded one copy for someone else to find and currently have another because I don't have the heart to tell those old people 'no thanks'. I told one guy I already had one and he said does your friend need one? And I said yes though no friend of mine has been complaining about the void in her life only a New Testament would fill.
     Aside from the old people handing out God literature, I got asked on a date. Yes, I know. Hard to believe. His name is Nathan and he's sweet and loves to write. We're going to see a movie tomorrow. We met at the library through a mutual friend and saw each other again at a reading of poetry and fiction and scripts Monday night. He walked me to my apartment on the way back and we talked about movies and writing and anything. When we got to my apartment, he said we should write sometime. He said yes. I said we could write in my apartment, since I have a big living room and kitchen with a bar. He then said he'd bring a movie we'd been discussing, and that I should bring the movie I'd been talking about. I told him my film was still in theaters and he suggested we go!
     That's a date, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment