Monday, March 17, 2014

Funky Dreams

Have you ever had some sort of crisis in your life and then, because your brain can't stop thinking about it for even one minute, you have a dream about it? It happens rarely (to me, anyway) but it happens. Lately, I've been having problems with my boyfriend, whom I'll call Dave. Dave and I are in a long-distance relationship. It gets tough, trust me. Anyway, so I've been wondering how much I want to be with him lately. After not seeing him for a long while, you start to let yourself forget so you don't ache as much. Last night, I had a dream with Dave in it, and it actually helped me out.

Dave had a daughter. A beautiful little girl, maybe six, with long, curly brown hair and a pretty face. I don't think she had a name; I'll just call her Nora. Anyway, in the dream, Dave and I were dating, and Nora and I were close. Dave got me an elaborate necklace, with beads the color of fire and sunsets. It had a big, swirly pendant on it, and he hung to that a piece of jewelry for Nora. Not long after that, he broke up with me. I felt like I was dying inside. Suffocating without him. I then saw Nora talking to Dave, asking why I was gone, and that she missed me. Dave tried to forget me and eventually dated many other women, giving each a necklace of a different color. After many women, Nora looked through her father's jewelry and found the fire necklace I'd been given. Her piece was still attached. She brought it to Dave, and he realized he loved and missed me.

Then we got back together and were happy. I awoke missing Dave dearly, and even longing for the little girl that brought us back together.

No comments:

Post a Comment